Rainer Jung wrote:

> I used trunk and the modules/ftp/*.mak file. The Makefile*-win for fcgid
> and for ftp first did not work for me. It turns out the reason is, that
> I build out of tree.

Then you have to use the .mak file accordingly (current path, don't do something
as absurd as build-clean-build).  IOW you are on your own :)

> Both Makefiles check against httpd.vcproj in the main directory which is
> not present when building out of tree.

Now I see what you mean, both for .vcproj and .mak tests, something like the
last
commit, right?

> I suggest we check against modules/fcgid/mod_fcgid.vcproj resp.
> modules/ftp/mod_ftp.vcproj?
>
> Another thing is being able to split INSTDIR from APACHE2_HOME. The
> first is where the module should go to, the other one where httpd is. A
> simple tweak to the Makefile allows that. Then there's also an unconditional
>
> INSTDIR=\Apache22
>
> near the beginning of both Makefiles, which seems not right.

That's a default.  If INSTDIR is provided, that value is overridden.

> Finally the install target has a problem if INSTDIR!=APACHE2_HOME. There
> is a test against "COMPLETED" which is never set. I think we can simply
> remove the check, otherwise the xcopy for the manual fails due to the
> missing target directory.

Looking.

> And last but not least, there is no mod_fcgid.h to install. Unless we
> want to install other headers, we can drop that part.

Until we have one.  Right now, it's a noop, so don't worry yourself about it :)
It's called a template ;-)  And given mod_cgi/mod_cgid history, we should likely
expect one to arrive, one day.

> I prepared a little patch you can find at
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/Makefiles-fcgid.patch
>
> What do you think about it?

Compare to the last two commits, and see if they satisfy?