Chris Darroch wrote:

   Because this runs on Linux and we're just using the APR defaults,
the process locks are SysV semaphores.  Maybe sometime in the far
future, once glibc 2.10 appears on our systems, we might try
APR_LOCK_PROC_PTHREAD and see if we can't get the shiny new
pthread_mutexattr_setrobust() support into APR.  (As a side note,
anyone know if this has come up yet in the APR world, maybe for
a recent Fedora or something?  I'm not sure what distros might have
glibc 2.10 in them at all.)

  Ah ... I see that pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np() and friends
are actually in glibc as of about 2.5 or so; I went looking for
the POSIX 2008 names and managed to confuse myself.  And for that
matter, I still can't tell if glibc 2.10 does support the new names
(without the _np) or not.  Oh well.

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B