On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 15:00, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman
<bua...@buanzo.com.ar> wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
>> Right. But they don't have the depth/breadth of modules like we do.
>
> ... yet. Keep going, but if there are great things like lighttpd and nginx
> (and even more) http
> daemons out there, then that means more than one thing is wrong with current
> Apache.

Oh, definitely. HTTP serving is commodity functionality now. Thus, it
is very easy to serve niches with a specialized HTTP server.

Apache remains the broad solution, but for narrow requirements, people
will select something that is easier to handle for their particular
situation.

I wouldn't say "wrong", but more along the lines of "not as well-suited"

Cheers,
-g