On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Felipe Alcacibar <falcaci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i was commented that in the wrong list? i saw this list in the
> mod_fcgid's page and for that reason i posted that here, but i don't
> know if this is a bug or feature or anyelse, or what is the module
> that may be wrong. someone can tell me if i wrong please?

in the long term us...@httpd is a better list for likely configuration
issues like this; we've been pointing mod_fcgid to this dev@ list
because mod_fcgid is new to this community and perhaps very few people
have used it

> this is a nice list for the comments that i readed, congrats!
>
> cheers!
> --
> Felipe Alcacibar Buccioni
>

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Felipe Alcacibar <falcaci...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi, i was friyng my brain the whole day trying to use a mod_rewrite
>> simple rewrite to a php pathinfo running via mod_fcgid.
>>
>> http://domain.tld/path/info/use -> http://domain.tld/index.php/path/info/use
>>
>> i trying so much posibilities, but when i take a strace to a php-fcgi
>> application i found the surprise that php treats to open the file
>>
>> redirect:/index.php/path/info/use
>>
>> i cannot know if this behavior is a problem in mod_rewrite or mod_fcgid.
>> someone can guide me with this?

I don't know what your rewrite config is, but rewrite isn't required
to use path info.  Can you post a minimal config that illustrates the
problem?

Something to consider when debugging mod_fcgid issues is that the same
config should work with mod_cgi[d] simply by changing the handler from
fcgid-script to cgi-script.  More people on the users@ mailing list
are able to help with mod_cgi config issues.