On Mar 16, 2010, at 5:48 AM, rbo...@apache.org wrote:

> Author: rbowen
> Date: Tue Mar 16 12:48:31 2010
> New Revision: 923712

> Log:
> In as much as we can be said to have consensus on anything at all, we
> appear to have consensus that we will refer to the product (in the
> documentation) as Apache HTTPD, or HTTPD for short, and to the server
> binary executable as <code>httpd</code>. Here's a few changes to that
> effect.

WTF?  -1

I thought the only people who ever capitalize HTTP in httpd are
clueless lawyers.  httpd is the product name.  It is not, and never
has been, HTTPD, HTTPd, or any other misspelling of d.  It's that
bloody thing we put in the package name, like

   httpd-2.2.15.tar.gz

which should really be

   apache-httpd-2.2.15.tar.gz

but that's another discussion.