On 4/2/2010 2:25 PM, Franklin, Meyer wrote:
> Hello William,
> Thanks so much for the prompt reply.  This is exactly what I needed.  I agree
> that most scanners only look at version numbers, but we may be able to debate
> with our customers using your official response.  At this point, moving to
> version 2.0.64-dev to get past the scanners tests may not be an option since
> this version is NOT officially released by Apache.org.  We are more
> interested in moving to 2.3.x when it becomes an official release.

Just pay attention to the alert language.  For example, "Subrequest handling of
request
headers (mod_headers) CVE-2010-0434" begins "A flaw in the core subrequest
process code
was fixed..."  Whenever you a reference to 'core', the httpd itself was
patched.  Though
mod_headers, in this case, exhibited incorrect behavior with the flaw, there
are likely
third party modules which similarly misbehave with the broken core logic.