Hello Massimiliano,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Massimiliano Pinto
<massimiliano.pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have developed an tested a mod_include.c improvement (httpd 2.2.15).
>
> The module can now handle the "include uvirtual" command, where "uvirtual"
> means "unbuffered".
> If command is "include virtual" and 200 OK there is a call to ap_rflush(r).
> I had this idea because is useful to send chunk (also with gzip) in a
> controlled way to force the browser rendering with simple html files! Yes I
> love static files ;-)

I love them too :)

> Scenario:
> 1 html file with 3 includes, nested included not tested now.
>
> Browsers behavior:
> * Chrome and Safari (also with iPhone) need more bytes before starting the
> render task.
> * Explorer 8 and Firefox are ok with a few bytes.
>

> Here is an .html example:
> <!--#include uvirtual="/header.html" -->
> <hr>
> <!-- 4 seconds sleep -->
> <!--#include virtual="/sleep.php" -->
> <!--#include virtual="/content.html" -->

> The header comes first and then (4 seconds later) the content.
>

> I'd love any feedback!

Even though I find the idea interesting, I am not qualified enough to
say if that should go in trunk/ or not.

However if this patch is part of something you have to deliver to a
customer it would be more interesting
to deliver your own module with the patch so it avoids patching the
original mod_include module.

You create create and/or override mod_include functions in your own
module, you can find a few examples there :
-
http://github.com/jeromer/modmemcachedinclude/blob/master/src/ssi_include_memcached.c
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/projects/apache/

'Hope that helps.