Hi Rainer,

I meant to talk about the HTTP Keep-alive to the origin server (OS), not
about TCP Keep-alive of operating system (OS).
Excuse me for my confusing description.

> And yes: the forward proxy does *not* do HTTP Keepalive. Technical
> reason: the connections to the origin server are pooled and retrieved
> from and returned to the pool for each request. A forward proxy usually
> talks to many diferent origin servers. Keeping those connections open in
> a naive way would lead to a lot of not well used pools. Assuming that
> during one client connection the origin server often is used for
> multiple requests this could be improved, but would bloat the already
> complicated proxy code even more.

And thank you for the answer and reasons! That is what I wanted to hear.
So I understand the HTTP Keep-alive to the origin server is only supported
for reverse proxy, as the design of httpd 2.2/2.3.

Regards,
Ryujiro Shibuya