On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>wrote:

> On 31.08.2010 15:44, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:40 AM, "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group"
>> <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com <mailto:ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    A 400 does not mean that the backend is not available.
>>

>> agreed
>>
>>    It just means that
>>    a bad request was sent.
>>

>> I don't like that part ;)   Maybe mod_proxy mangled what got sent (sent
>> too much body on prior request?).
>>

> So that could result in "close this backend connection" not "put into error
> state" as a reaction, right?

Yes (I forgot or didn't know the distinction between closing a particular
connection and marking the worker in error)

At present we don't mark particular connections for close just based on the
status code without marking the worker in error, right?

Anyway, my question should have been

"Should we close backend connections if we get 400?"

Thanks,

Jeff