On 10/28/2010 2:04 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When somebody gets time/gumption I'm sure there will be a way to share
>> apps across vhosts but that seems ugly to sanity check the feasibility
>> (i.e., refuse to allow vhost-specific configuration of anything that
>> would be impacted by reusing another vhost's process when there's some
>> share-across-vhost flag at global scope.  Hopefully your case can be
>> made to work without that other work.
>
> please try the attached patch if at all possible
>
> when comparing vhosts it requires only that the per-server module
> config be left alone in the server_rec copy

Good solution.  Multiple requests could be all over the place in terms of
which Host: they are directed to, so the mod_ftp solution to this wouldn't
be appropriate.  That was simply to compare r->connection->base_server,
but since ftp toggles are effectively per-connection for determining the
ftp active port bindings, your more complex solution doesn't seem to be
needed in mod_ftp, either.