On 17.01.2011 15:45, Rainer Jung wrote:
Hi,

I get a crash on Solaris Sparc during startup in the test suite after
the proxy refactoring. Since it is a "Bus error" I wildly guess the root
cause is an alignment issue in the shared memory. Sparc ist sensible to
that and the only other Bus error or httpd I remember was wrong
alignment in shm for mod_ssl shmcb (long ago).

In addition to the fix in slotmem (see previous mail) I suggest hardening the balancer against future crashes by also aligning the slot data at 8 byte boundaries (more precisely the APR default alignment):

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/mod_proxy_alignment.patch

Regards,

Rainer