Hi developers.

I have hacked up a new authentication module[1] that will use libcurl to
forward all cookies to a specified URL. The URL will validate my normal
session cookie and print the matching username.

This way, I can reuse my internal session manager to password protect
folders (webalizer, munin, etc.) with a simple .htaccess like this:

 AuthType Cookiecheck
 AuthCookiecheckUrl http://example.com/cgi/cookiecheck.cgi
 Require user mya...@example.com

and not bother users with the annoying basic auth and an extra password.

As I am not used to working with the Apache source code, I would
appreciate comments on this approach. I am wary of the implementation
details as well as the general idea.

[1]
http://www.kalibalik.dk/anders/software/mod_auth_cookiecheck/mod_auth_cookiecheck.c

Thanks,