Can anyone remember why SSLRenegBufferSize is set at 128k (131072 bytes)
currently by default ?

And if that is just an accidental default - or if deep thought has gone into it
?

And what are the specific things which are likely to break if it is set
significantly smaller* ?

Thanks,

Dw.

*: I am still looking at some very rare fringe cases (which back in July I
expected to having to do with a hole in stacking) - where part of the (SSL)
stack gets unhappy and somehow overloaded and then may allow security bypassing
- which I am only seeing a few times a month  -and only when there is a high
load of users with a long RTT (prolly unrelated).