On 5/15/2011 1:46 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 15 May 2011, at 1:46 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
>> No argument, but there are 1) minor quibbles with the apr-2 interface, and
>> 2) some significant work to replace the original with the new interface, and
>> not sure who has cycles to attack this in the near term.  If it is fixed,
>> re-adding mod_session during 2.4.x cycle would be relatively painless, no?
>
> The only module affected is mod_session_crypto.c, I'm not sure how the scope
> has expanded
> to cover mod_session*.

Ok, good... if we decouple mod_session_crypto (until apr-2/1.x api is released)
and leave the rest, that would be just fine.  Folks at the short idea session
couldn't think, offhand, if it was strongly coupled to the whole mod_session
framework.  And it could be readded just as soon as apr releases (with an apr
rev check to enable).

> Taking out mod_session* would also mean taking out mod_auth_form, which in
> turn would be a
> lot of work, and would take out a major new feature of v2.4. It would be a
> far better use
> of our time just taking out mod_session_crypto.c if it had to come down to it.

So I'll update status with a patch to 'uncouple' and svn rm mod_session_crypto.c
after the branches/2.4.x/ exists, and we can probably extend such a script with
other 'very last minute' go/nogo decisions.