I have a patch (based on 2.2.17) to where should I submit it?

________________________________
From: Graham Leggett [mailto:minf...@sharp.fm]
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:23 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Cc: Anatoli Tubman; Ethan Schorer
Subject: Re: ap_regexec API for buffers (not NULL terminated strings)

On 19 May 2011, at 1:06 PM, Yehezkel Horowitz wrote:

Can anyone explain why ap_regexec can take only NULL terminated string?

I'm working in filter context and want to run regular expression on bucket
content (so I have the buffer length).

Currently I had to copy the bucket content and add the NULL at the end before
passing it to ap_regexec (this is a waste of CPU and memory).

The underling PCRE engine support getting the length of the input string
(actually ap_regexec just run strlen on the string and pass the result to
pcre_exec)

Can you consider adding API for this? (Of course it will get the input length
as argument)

Similar request (from 2002) could be found at
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg12986.html but without any
reply.

Sounds like a sensible thing to have.

Is there a patch for this anywhere that we can take a look at, or is this just
a suggestion at this point?

Regards,
Graham
--

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.