Changes include:
1. Support for SubstituteCond - ability to apply substitute rule only if the
configured conditions are met.
   The conditions input could be compared to request data, environment
variables and internal Apache notes.
   -- This section is similiar to RewriteCond, and I think it should go to a
common section in the code.

2. Support for SubstituteCheck - ability to perform quick search on the data
and use the results in order to avoid using "expensive" regular expression.

3. Supporting evaluation (at run time) of the searched and replaced patterns
before application (instead of static evaluation in configuration time).
    Evaluation result could be taken from request/response headers, environment
variables and internal Apache notes.

4. Adding some more options:

    a. Skip the replaced text from being processed by following rules.
                        For this, I used a binary tree, which I didn't find in
APR, can you consider adding such implementation to APR?

    b. Stop applying other rules after specific rule is matched.

    c. Option not to break the response into lines (and apply the substitute
rules on the whole response).

I know these changes need documentation, which I can provide, just I want to
know if they will accepted into the trunk, before writing it.

I hope you will find these changes helpful, and I'll be glad to hear your
opinion about them.

Regards,

Yehezkel