Hi Jeff,

On Tuesday 26 April 2011, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> has anyone played with this before?  I've seen it mentioned, and
> joe s had a patch to create a linger thread for worker back in
> 2004
>
> the attached patch hasn't been seriously tested (or even seriously
> coded)
>
> if somebody has looked at it seriously, perhaps you can save me
> some time :)

I have looked at limiting the maximum connections per-process for
event (see STATUS) and think that would be easier to implement if the
lingering close would be done by the listener thread. Two questions:

Did you have a chance to work on this further? If yes, can you post
the latest version?

Is your patch based on the work by joe s? I mean if I commit something
based on your patch, should I mention him in the credit, too?

Cheers,
Stefan