On 6/17/2011 7:08 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 04:53:13PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
>> On 6/6/2011 4:17 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>>> Since the move from apr-util-ldap to ap_ldap, mod_ldap needs to be
>>> loaded before mod_authnz_ldap. This is somewhat annoying because the
>>> default httpd.conf tries to load mod_authnz_ldap first. Any ideas how
>>> to fix this or do we just change the order in the default httpd.conf?
>>
>> I believe the entire fix may be an entry point to apr_ldap_parse_uri
>> (check your own binaries to confirm).  Setting up a single entry point
>> should be trivial, if its appropriate.
>
> Do you mean arranging for all those functions to be registered as
> optional function as uldap_* are by mod_ldap, and using them indirectly
> from mod_authnz_ldap?

That's my first thought, just extending the uldap_* list?

> Is there any remaining benefit from the mod_ldap/mod_authnz_ldap split?
> Couldn't we just link it all into one big DSO and stop faffing around
> with optional functions?  It might be simpler.

I believe there is.  I remember someone talking about a Novell approach
to reading the server's config from ldap, which obviously doesn't fall
into the mod_auth side of the world.

There are certainly things beyond mod_auth that could be partnered with
mod_ldap, even mod_userdir comes to mind.