----- Original Message -----
> On 22.06.2011 22:39, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 June 2011, Brian McCallister wrote:
> >> My personal use cases for mod_lua are not content generation
> >> oriented, but you should be able to do content generation with it.
> >> I suspect that if you are doing "serious apps" then you will get
> >> more mileage from ruby, python, or perl just because there are a
> >> lot more libraries geared towards that already. All that said,
> >> when i started doing ruby, there were far fewer quality ruby libs
> >> than there are lua libs now :-)
> >
> > IMHO an interesting use case for mod_lua would be all the places
> > where
> > one can easily plug in additional functions that can then be used
> > without further interaction with mod_lua:
> >
> > - authz providers
> > - ap_expr functions / variables
> > - additional log formats for CustomLog and ErrorLogFormat
> > - rewrite maps
>
> And maybe custom load balancing strategies for mod_proxy_balancer.

I think these are all fine ideas, but what needs to be done
to provide the interfaces? -- I think once we started doing that
extending the whole lot to more interfaces will be trivial.
We need to start somewhere to show people how it's done.

> Rainer

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.ga...@brainsware.org