On 07/01/2011 06:31 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
Hi folks,

Well, this is the same chunk of Win32 specific debugging code causing this module to
crash yet again. I remember suggesting it be removed before, now I am a little more
adamant about it because it is really not needed, IMO of course. If you really got to
have it there, please&&  a
_DEBUG to the #ifdef WIN32.
This module is needed for heartmonitor (which has it's own problems coming under
separate cover). So, either it crashes on win32 or it works, your choice :-) If
your choice is let it fail, then get rid of it all, heartbeat, heartmonitor,
lb_method_heartmonitor&  watchdog on Windoze. Of course, if there is no
improvement on documentation, most of it will go bye bye come GA anyway, per what
is stated in STATUS.
Attached patch just gets rid of it.

This cannot be omitted.
Getting the parent pid means we we are in the child process, so we must not
init the parent watchdog thread (see 'return OK;')

Parent watchdog thread is windows specific and allows to have a
watchdog registered in parent process since the way how parent
and child cooperate is different then on unixes since there's no
fork() available.

How exactly does it crash? You say
"either it crashes on win32 or it works" with a smiley,
is not very informative.

Regards
--
^TM