On Monday 11 July 2011, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 7/10/2011 5:34 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > Regardless of anyone else's opinion, the addition or deletion of
> > a new API to our product is a technical change that can be
> > vetoed. Likewise, the API being an incomplete abstraction that
> > isn't needed in httpd is a valid technical reason to veto it
> > even if it had once been in apr-util.
> >
> > Other than the convoluted history of this particular argument,
> > I don't see any reason for further frustration.  Revert the
> > commit.
>
> I believe svn rm ... svn cp -r of the origin files to jump across
> the rejected patches is the most efficient and least confusing
> revert?

Because of the other changes that we want to preserver, I think doing
one big revert commit may be easier.

> The only complexity is to ensure configure.in/ or other peripheral
> changes are not lost.  I have the cycles do this Tuesday, if not
> Monday.

With a bit of git-foo, I have produced this:

http://people.apache.org/~sf/revert_ldap.diff

Which should be the combined revert of

It builds for me with apr 1.x, but I haven't done any other checks or
review. But maybe it is something you can build on.

Especially r1142938 needs checking, I think I may have accidentally
reverted some bits from that when resolving some conflicts.

The concatenated original commits are at:
http://people.apache.org/~sf/reverted_ldap_commits.txt

And the separate reverts:
http://people.apache.org/~sf/ldap_revert_commtis.txt