On 8/31/2011 6:06 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 August 2011, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>> Author: sf
>>> Date: Wed Aug 31 21:37:38 2011
>>> New Revision: 1163833

>>> Log:
>>> Send a 206 response for a "Range: bytes=0-" request, even if 200
>>> would be more efficient.
>>
>> 200 is a better response for caches as well.  Why do we want to
>> support this?

As explained to me by Stefan on irc...

> There seems to be at least one streaming client that gets confused by
> this behaviour.
>
> But maybe my commit was premature. If the change does not actually fix
> the problem, I will revert.

The presumption here is that the client requests bytes=0- to begin the
transmission, and provided it sees a 206, restarting somewhere in the
stream results in aborting the connection and streaming bytes=n- from
the restart point.  Further testing should determine if this was the
broken assumption.