Hello,

We have been experiencing child process core occasionally when system
memory runs low on SCO UNIX system. Debugging the core with gdb
indicates that the core is generated in the following function:

APR_DECLARE(void) apr_pool_tag(apr_pool_t *pool, const char *tag)

{

    pool->tag = tag;

}

When the memory is low, passed pool parameter becomes null and causing
this issue. I am thinking of adding some checks before the assignment,
however does it guarantee it will not core further down in the execution
path? There are multiple places where apr_pool_create is being called
which is returning NULL pool structure. In proxy_util.c apr_pool_tag is
called at many places without checking the return value of
apr_pool_create function.

This issue is seen in apache 2.2.11. Is this fixed in any higher
version?

I appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

N.Nayak