On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
I believe this patch, introducing SetEnvIf OID evaluation...

is rendered redundant, or at least should be redundant if the
ap_expr engine can be made capable... by...

Thoughts?

Yes, especially since OID used to be in ssl_expr but was renamed to PeerExtList in r290414. So we should either remove OID or rename it to PeerExtList, too.

While ap_expr/ssl_expr can already use PeerExtList, but the usage is a bit different. The OID in SetEnvIf returns the comma separated concatenation of all values, and you can then do regex matches on this string. On the other hand, the PeerExtList function in ap_expr returns an array and currently the only supported action with array is the -in operator, which checks if a string is contained in the array. I am not familiar with the use cases for PeerExtList. Is it enough to have exact string matches or would one need regex matching also?

It would certainly be nice to have some way to concatenate the array into a string, but this would require some changes to the parser.