On 10/24/2011 6:25 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Monday 24 October 2011, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> On Oct 23, 2011, at 3:09 PM, s...@apache.org wrote:
>>> --- httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/core.xml (original)
>>> +++ httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/core.xml Sun Oct 23
>>> 22:09:34 2011 @@ -1165,6 +1165,7 @@ in case of an
>>> error</description>
>>>
>>>      ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/bad_urls.pl<br />
>>>      ErrorDocument 401 /subscription_info.html<br />
>>>      ErrorDocument 403 "Sorry can't allow you access today"
>>>
>>> +      ErrorDocument 403 Forbidden!
>>>
>>>    </example>

>>>    used
>>
>> I don't think that change was intended, right?  Looks like an error
>> test.
>
> No, this example is intendended to demonstrate that the double quotes
> are not significant. But a line break was missing.

Actually that shouldn't be supported.  If it was an undocumented feature
it aught to stay undocumented.  How do we know this isn't a typo of
URI /Forbidden! ?

Trip on the way-back machine to early 1.3, the leading quote was required
(and trailing quote wasn't allowed, weird).  I had intended that they
would have leading and trailing quotes when I patched that oddity.