On 8 Nov 2011, at 23:03, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:

> On 11/8/2011 3:10 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> >   * mod_ssl's proxy support only allows one proxy client certificate per
> >     frontend virtual host. Lift this restriction.
> >     jim sez: Why a blocker?, pgollucci +1 jim
> >     wrowe asks: what's the API change required?
>
> I'm not sure I understand this one... does anyone have the history to
> elaborate?

Three things really - in order of priority:

-       Specify a specific client cert per proxy-pass or other <Location and so
on.

-       Be able to have a bunch of client certs respond/get picked right
(narrowest) when the server gives a list of acceptable authorities.

-       Be able to lock a specific client cert down to a cert in the chain of
the servers issuer; or to the DN/etc of the server.

Though the latter/last is easily worked around with by having multiple vhosts
wrapped around.

Dw