On 11/9/2011 3:53 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
This one in from the users@ list. It sounds vaguely familiar
to the issue previously mentioned about win32 defaults and some
strange dependency failure between proxy_balancer and slotmem
providers.

Only, this is on the bleeding edge beta posted today, and hits
Unix (particularly with our new cleaned-up default for #LoadModule).

I talked with Rainer about this and we came to the conclusion, that we
simply should keep
non-default modules commented out, even if they have been explicitly
enabled with
--enable-foo. This has also the advantage that it is more likely that
the user will only
enable what he currently needs, even if he has built some additional
modules he may need
later.

So, absolutely no mechanism to populate the default config with the
info, status modules, etc? I don't have an opinion yet.

If you build them, the LoadModule line is there, but might be commented out. Currently the suggestion is to always let mod_status active /if build) but comment out mod_info.

Of course I agree with simplified .conf snippets, smaller default
server footprint, KISS directive complexity etc.

Does anyone disagree?

Provide a flag to ignore the new logic completely (enabling all built
modules for testers, devs etc). It's a dogfood issue, I expect that
mod_proxy_balancer / slotmem won't be the only non-functioning junk
that accumulates in httpd once most devs never load 80% of the modules.

In fact, --enable-maintainer-mode should force-toggle this option.

It is there: --enable-load-all-modules will add all LoadModule lines for the modules build without commenting any of them out.

Regards,

Rainer