From: t...@eng.ucsd.edu [mailto:t...@eng.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Tianyin Xu
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:15 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: How are requested URIs translated into local resource names? (where is
the "ap_run_translate_name" function?)

Hi, all,

Happy new year!!!

I'm trying to understand how are the requested URIs translated into local
resource names in Apache. For example, how does Apache know which resource name
the url "http"//XXX/image/test.png" points to. What if we use "Alias" or
"Redirect" directives?

I looked at the request.c file. It seems such job is done by the function
"ap_run_translate_name()" and "ap_run_map_to_storage()". However, I cannot find
the definition or implementation of these functions at all. It only appears in
exports.c and httpd.exp. Both of them are not the definition/implementation of
these functions.

Could anyone tell me how can I find the implementation of the function
"ap_run_translate_name" and "ap_run_map_to_storage"? Or give me some direction
or hints.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best regards,
Tianyin