On 1/30/2012 4:02 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

We add apu-1-confg --includes to CPPFLAGS and then use CPP and apu_version.h to
detect
which version we have. That works for most gcc versions, but recent gcc chokes,
because
apu_version.h includes apr_version.h, which can not be found due to our setting
of
CPPFLAGS. gcc 4.6.2 based cpp then aborts parsing apu_version.h and our version
check fails.

Adding apu-1-confg --includes *plus* apr-1-confg --includes to CPPFLAGS before
the version
check fixes this.

That is a bug in apu-1-config; which must include the apr-1 path in
its reported --includes (and --libs).  An apu which isn't usable because
it doesn't resolve apr is worthless.

I proposed the same patch as was applied long ago for trunk earliert today for 2.2. That patch does not change apu-1-config behaviour.

Not sure whether I agree that apu should provide info about apr, since one could argue that that's what apr-1-config is for. So I cross post dev@apr and this part of the discussion could proceed there.

That's how all .pc and other include/lib resolvers are supposed to behave.

The same must be true for the linker.

Regards,

Rainer