Yeah: mod_dav itself has no direct support for ACLs.

Way back when, when I wrote mod_dav and was working on DAV stuff in
general, the ACL stuff created an interesting problem: how to
propagate access control changes to all the httpd processes. If the
processes do not contain the ACLs, then the implication is a query on
each(!) request. That made me a bit uncomfortable, and I never pursued
it much further.

It may be fair to say that servers today (compared to a decade ago,
when I worked on this stuff) are highly overpowered relative to the
network bandwidth, and this kind of dynamic ACL query is not a problem
any more.

Cheers,
-g