On 2/28/2012 10:46 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> # /usr/local/bin/httpd -V
>> AH00534: httpd: Configuration error: No MPM loaded.
>
> if this post were from Joe User, I'd ask:
>
> what were your MPM-related configure arguments?
> are you using the httpd.conf created for that build or one from a
> different build?
> did you edit the MPM LoadModule directives in httpd.conf?
>
> IOW, how did you get here? maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't ;)

I would have expected app -v or app -V to work whether it resolves
the externals or not.  This is a typical result of install with static
mpm... toggle --enable-mpm-shared, re-make/make install.  Of course
the stale conf file is left over, and is missing the mpm loadmodule.

Without an MPM, the following do work (neither -M nor -V work), so
I guess we are fine about offering some minimal responses;

# bin/httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.4.1 (Unix)
Server built:   Feb 28 2012 10:37:32

# bin/httpd -l