> The patch does have value to a limited number of applications.  I even went
> as far as to put caviats in the docs, and a see-docs note to the directive
> cmd commentary.  I hope it dissuades the casual user from throwing it on there
> unless they know it won't corrupt their app and know it solves their bug.
>
> Please reconsider your veto.  I agree that it -should not- occur in any
> real world scenario.  But there are unreal scenarios of server configs
> and third party modules which spend minutes, not seconds, tearing down on
> shutdown.  Those are the bugs.  But users just want some help and I think
> this patch is some help in rare cases.  Disabled by default and won't be
> used by much of anyone, we hope.  I'll revert (yet again) if you really
> want to make a case that we should never support this, even as a workaround.

Gregg, and Jeff and company, if this is reviewed and everyone is happy with
an end result, I'd like to ensure 2.4.2 compatibility and get tagging.

We seem well overdue for a release.

There is a group of issues with spaces in command lines, spaces in file names
that need to be resolved for the typical windows scenario (and obviously also
unix, just more unusual there).  I think we are best off calling 2.3.7 about
baked right now, tagging, reviewing and releasing, and calling 2.3.next the
flavor which fixes these command/file string argument quirks.