On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 08:25:08AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> I'll have a look again "soon."

Like my “soon”s, this :-)

> Earlier I couldn't think of a more efficient or direct mechanism that makes
> sense as an API

I guess it depends on how mpm-itk specific you want it to be. One could maybe
have a post-htaccess hook that gets run with the status, but that would
probably be less useful for a hypothetical other module?

> IIRC, mpm-itk only needs to call stat() on the file to check for
> permissions, and since (in the successful case) the file is about to be
> opened I assume that the performance degradation is minimal.

I could probably change to stat, but it would be a bit complicated to get
right, since often you can stat a file without opening it, and
ap_pcfg_* had lots of stuff I didn't want to delve into there and then :-)
Maybe access() would be better than stat(), and good enough. (There's a small
race window if the permissions are changed between access() and open(), but I
guess we can live with that.)

Do you think it would be possible to get these hooks into 2.4.4 or 2.4.5?

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/