On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:26:33 -0800
Gregg Smith <g...@gknw.net> wrote:

> mod_fcgid alleviates both compiler/OpenSSL problems since it's
> running php in it's own process true,  but at the cost of speed. I'm
> not sure I would consider that "optimal," but it works!

I'd like to counter some FUD - do you have a scrap of data to back
up your claim?  Not a single PHP project member still endorses the
mod_php plan as superior to a well balanced set of sapi-fcgi php
client workers on unix.  Why Win32 folks think they would be special
is beyond me.  Every dev I personally collaborate with, who measured
performance, is solidly behind fcgid on Windows as well, except for
a few PHP-Win32 project team participants.  I really am not sure
what this is about, politically, but I'd love to see your data and
test bench configuration.

Cheers,

Bill