On 18.02.2013 21:34, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.4 can be found
> at the usual place:
>
>       http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.4 GA.
> NOTE: The -deps tarballs are included here *only* to make life
> easier for the tester. They will not be, and are not, part
> of the official release.
>
> [ ] +1: Good to go
> [ ] +0: meh
> [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.

Currently unfortunately -1:

I see a graceful restart problem using prefork or worker MPM when
configuring two listeners. SSL not needed, just two http ports.

It is most easily seen using prefork and activating the server-status:
each graceful restarts adds hanging "G" processes, even if there's no
load and the only requests are looking at server-status after each
graceful restart. Processes hang in the accept mutex. Process table also
shows the old hanging processes.

With worker the server-status does not show the "G" states, but in the
process table one can see some of the old processes not being terminated
and hanging in the accept mutex.

With event or only one listener I could not yet reproduce.

I also see crashes during restarts, but currently no easy reproduction
scenario, maybe related. We'll see.

Plattform is Solaris 10 Sparc. I would be interested in hearing if
anyone else can reproduce. Will try myself on Linux later.

Modules loaded (will try to strip it further down):

LoadModule authn_anon_module modules/mod_authn_anon.so
LoadModule authn_socache_module modules/mod_authn_socache.so
LoadModule authn_core_module modules/mod_authn_core.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_user_module modules/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule authz_core_module modules/mod_authz_core.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule socache_shmcb_module modules/mod_socache_shmcb.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule slotmem_shm_module modules/mod_slotmem_shm.so
LoadModule mpm_prefork_module modules/mod_mpm_prefork.so
LoadModule unixd_module modules/mod_unixd.so
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so

anything else apart from second Listen and activation of server-status
is default.

Regards,

Rainer