On Thu, 9 May 2013 14:08:45 +0530
kalyan sita <kalyansit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to attach the eclipse debugger to find how different
> modules of apache source code are invoked.
> But I could only debug httpd binary and others present in bin
> directory. What I want is what exactly happens when a php script is
> deployed in apache server
> How are different apache handler modules called.
> I want to debug them.

Firstly, launching httpd with -X (no forking, no detaching) makes any
debugging project much easier.

Secondly, debuggers allow you to pre-load dynamically loaded shared
object modules.  Your other two alternatives, are to set a delayed
breakpoint on a soon-to-be-loaded module, or finally you can simply
set a breakpoint in the mainline code after the config file (and
therefore, loadable modules) are processed.