On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM, MikeM <michaelm12-asfbugzi...@aquaorange.net
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe the simple option is to do the final release with the old/existing
> bundled APR, but put a foot note in the release notes that the newer APR
> v1.4.8/1.5.2 has been confirmed to successfully work with 2.0.65. This way
> it may give confidence to anyone who is stuck on 2.0.x for some reason to
> use the newer APR/APR-util if needs be.

APR/APR-util 1.x won't work with httpd 2.0.x.  Someone continuing to use
2.0.x will need to hand-pick or backport fixes from apr/apr-util 0.9.x or
later levels.  But then they'll have to backport fixes from httpd too.  The
line was drawn at slightly different places for httpd vs. apr/apr-util, but
the long term picture is the same: There is effort to remain on httpd 2.0.x
if you want to pick up any code fixes, and the recommendation is clear.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/