08.07.2013 19:29, Graham Leggett wrote:
> See also the section on integrating with external applications.
>
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_session.html#integration
Indeed, from this link (emphasis mine):

    Standalone applications
        Applications might choose to manipulate the session outside the
        control of the Apache HTTP server. In this case, *it is the
        responsibility of the application* to read the session from the
        chosen storage mechanism, decrypt the session, update the
        session, encrypt the session and write the session to the chosen
        storage mechanism, as appropriate.

My question -- from the beginning of this thread -- was how to fulfill
the emphasized responsibility... I am surprised, this aspect is not
documented anywhere yet :-(

    -mi