On 25.07.2013 14:55, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 25.07.2013 13:43, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group wrote:
>> I see many tests for mod_deflate currently failing on trunk (OS is RH5 64
>> Bit).
>>
>> Failed Test         Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
>> t/modules/deflate.t               47   33  70.21%  2-4 6-8 10-12 14-16 18-20
>>                                                    22-24 26-28 30-32 34-36
>> 38-
>>                                                    40 42-44
>> Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 33/47 subtests failed, 29.79% okay.
>
> Thanks for the information.Confirmed here. Most likely due to my change
> r1502775 in the test framework. Will look into it later today.

Behavior is really different between 2.4.6 and current trunk. in 2.4.6
ap_get_client_block() simply returns a negative result. In trunk we
insert an error bucket. In this case the error returned by mod_deflate
was APR_EGENERAL which was mapped to an error 400 by
ap_map_http_request_error().

The corresponding change is r1482918 which together with several more
changes to http_filters.c wasn't yet ported back (or even proposed).

I fixed some of the tests. The test which is still problematic is
checking for spurious data coming after a compressed request body. This
test was disabled before I enabled it recently. It would work for 2.4
but on trunk I had no idea how to fix it: if the request body is big
enough (the 14KB logo) there is enough data in front of the garbage such
that the response is already started. For 2.4 the error reaches
mod_echo_post which adds "!!!ERROR!!!" at the end of the response. For
trunk there is now an error brigade inserted which doesn't end up in the
response send to the client. Therefore I disabled the test again.

I have some doubts/questions about r1502775 I'll post in another thread.

Regards,

Rainer