On 28/09/2013 14:56, Dr Stephen Henson wrote:
> On 28/09/2013 14:42, Kaspar Brand wrote:
>>
>> If the ability to specify relative path names with SSLOpenSSLConfCmd is
>> considered an absolutely essential feature, then OpenSSL could perhaps
>> "standardize" its option names somewhat - e.g. by always naming those
>> which take a file name argument with "...File". We could then handle
>> such a case in mod_ssl as illustrated by the attached patch.
>>

> An alternative would be to specify a callback to OpenSSL which can be used to
> "transform" a filename which is called whenever any option name requires a
> file.

On second thoughts that could prove messy and might involve processing the same
command more than once.

How about something like:

int SSL_CONF_cmd_type(SSL_CONF_CTX *cctx, const char *cmd);

which can return things like...

SSL_CONF_TYPE_INVALID:  unrecognised name.
SSL_CONF_TYPE_FILE:     file name.
SSL_CONF_TYPE_DIR:      directory name.
... others ...
SSL_CONF_TYPE_STR:      string with no special meaning.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen Henson. OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.
1829 Mount Ephraim Road