On 26 Nov 2013, at 3:51 PM, Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As it turns out (or, why didn't I refresh my understanding before), the MPM
> only knows about the conn_rec.
>
> * It could do extra work to learn about the request in order to pass the
> request to the new hook.
> * It could avoid that extra work for configurations that don't have a module
> that implements the hook.
>
> I'm leaning towards not having the MPM bother with any of that.  Such magic
> is well within the scope of a module that cares about detaching from the
> thread anyway.

It would be nice if there was a clean and consistent way for c->output_filters
to become r->output_filters, and when the request is cleaned up for the
c->output_filters to be reverted back to what it was before.

This way content and resource filters could take advantage of write completion
in future.

Regards,
Graham