On 12 Dec 2013, at 00:00, Kean Johnston wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So I've been spending a fair bit of time inside Apache recently and I've seen
> a pattern. Consider the following code (from mod_proxy_fcgi.c):

That's just minor sloppiness.  Fixing it is a minor improvement,
and if you have the time and inclination, go right ahead!

> Am I being too obsessive?

Nope.  If you want to submit patches (bugzilla is probably better than this
list)
they have the advantage of being easy to review, so with luck they won't
just languish there!

Not sure I'm keen on your thread title.  If pools lead to sloppiness,
what about garbage collection?  Let alone scripting languages!

--
Nick Kew