On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <
ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com> wrote:

> [...]

IM(even more)HO, the following 2.2.x code from ssl_hook_Access() does the
trick :

    /*
     * Override of SSLCipherSuite
     *
     * We provide two options here:
     *
     * o The paranoid and default approach where we force a renegotiation
when
     *   the cipher suite changed in _any_ way (which is straight-forward
but
     *   often forces renegotiations too often and is perhaps not what the
     *   user actually wanted).
     *
     * o The optimized and still secure way where we force a renegotiation
     *   only if the currently active cipher is no longer contained in the
     *   reconfigured/new cipher suite. Any other changes are not important
     *   because it's the servers choice to select a cipher from the ones
the
     *   client supports. So as long as the current cipher is still in the
new
     *   cipher suite we're happy. Because we can assume we would have
     *   selected it again even when other (better) ciphers exists now in
the
     *   new cipher suite. This approach is fine because the user explicitly
     *   has to enable this via ``SSLOptions +OptRenegotiate''. So we do no
     *   implicit optimizations.
     */
    if (dc->szCipherSuite || (r->server != handshakeserver)) {
        ... renegotiate if the (whole) ciphercipher suite changed
(paranoïd) ...
        ... or if the handshaked cipher is not in r->server's cipher suite
(+OptRenegotiate) ...
    }

I have seen the "Reconfigured cipher suite will force renegotiation" log
many times because of multiple SSL vhosts listening on the same IP:port (a
common configuration "mistake" without SNI, but which works, slowly...).

I can't tell whether this applies to all the other SSL parameters though
(most -if not all?- seem to be handled the same way in ssl_hook_Access(),
but I didn't do an exhaustive search to tell the truth, and maybe it is not
feasible here for all).

Regards,
Yann.