Hi,

while working on PR44736, I needed an unique identifier for a vhost
(and/or the main server), given the server_rec.

I chose to use (MD5 digest) all the IP:port from the s->addrs list
(ie. <VitualHost IP|*|_default_:port ...>), plus s->server_hostname
and s->port (ie. ServerName, be it configured or not, knowing that in
the latter case, apr_gethostname() is used fot the main server, and
the main server's one is used for the vhosts).

Am I correct to assume that should two or more vhosts have this same
identifier, the first one would always be elected to handle the
requests, so the others are just ignored doublons ignored during
runtime?

This concerns 2.2.x, but probably the same should hold for 2.4.x
(please correct me if I am wrong).

Regards,
Yann.