On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Jan Kaluža <jkal...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 12/10/2014 01:49 PM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group wrote:
>> Isn't the config merge on a critical path with every request? So double
>> for loops always worry me a little bit from performance point of view.
>
> I think that happens only in ap_fixup_virtual_hosts call, which is executed
> only during the httpd start. From this point of view, double for loop should
> be OK.

Right, but since there will possibly more balancers/workers (main and
vhosts ones), the child_init() of mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer may
take longer to initialize all the balancers/workers.
This is not at request time still.

Also, what will the balancer_handler() do now, manage main
workers/balancers only?

Regards,
Yann.