On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 09:04:12AM +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> 1. Verify that recompiling mod_wsgi is actually sufficient given than my
> direct use of request_rec isn't going to populate the extra fields and they
> will remain NULL still. As trailers shouldn't be expected in context the
> request_rec is being used directly by mod_wsgi those attributes shouldn't
> be touched, but if that is the case, why would it be crashing without
> recompilation happening. So need to also actually verify whether it can't
> limp on as is for now if it isn't crashing.

Yup, I should have mentioned that too.  You are right, we had to pach
mod_wsgi to fix the issue properly as well:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/mod_wsgi.git/plain/mod_wsgi-4.4.3-trailers.patch?h=f21

that can/should be surrounded with

#if AP_MODULE_MAGIC_AT_LEAST(20120211, 37)
#endif

...to make it conditional on an httpd with those fields.  (Hadn't
submitted that back upstream yet sorry - we wanted to find a "proper"
solution httpd-side for this.)

Regards, Joe