On 21.04.2015 12:20, Jan Kaluža wrote:
> we used to have a patch against httpd-2.2.15 to add SSLDisableCRLCaching
> option to not cache CRLs. I was trying to adapt this patch for
> httpd-trunk and eventually include it upstream but now I'm in dead end.
>
> The patch removes all the CRLs from the per-server_rec OpenSSL cache
> created in ssl_init_ctx_crl (OpenSSL caches the CRLs in
> X509_store.objs). This all works properly, but I'm thinking about
> thread-safety.

Starting with 2.3.15 (https://svn.apache.org/r1165056), CRL checking was
completely delegated to OpenSSL, so it would be a bit surprising to me
if that patch can be ported to trunk. Fiddling with OpenSSL internals
looks rather scary to me, at least at first sight - perhaps there's an
API for clearing a CRL store in OpenSSL?

Kaspar