On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:26 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

> [...]

And as I purge out all of my stale drafts - I notice this was brought up
again
w.r.t. POODLE.  I don't believe we want to alter the behavior of any config
that the user has deployed on a subrevision update (2.4.13 or 2.2.30, for
ex.)

We should propose solid new default configs, including the exclusion of both
SSLv3.0 and TLSv1.0, and aim to default to TLSv1.2 only (ciphers and
protocols)
effective with 2.6 or 3.0, and by default on maintenance branches as of the
beginning
of the coming year.