Hi Yann,

Thank you very much for your help!

Yingqi

-----Original Message-----
From: Yann Ylavic [mailto:ylavic....@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2015 3:37 AM
To: httpd
Subject: Re: SO_REUSEPORT

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> My chief concern was that the phrase "Common Log" has a specific meaning
>> to us.
>>
>> ap_mpm_common_log_startup() or something else descriptive would be a
>> better name, but our crew is famous for not being terrific namers of things
>> :)
>>
>> Did this compile with no warnings?  It seems statics were used without
>> being explicitly initialized, and I don't have my copy of K&R to check that
>> these are always NULL, but guessing that's so.
>

> yes; but ISTR that NetWare is the reason for explicit initialization in some
> of our multi-platform code; I dunno the rhyme

s/ap_log_common/ap_log_mpm_common/ in r1679714 and added to backport proposal.

Regarding globals/statics explicit initializations (implicit
initialization to {0} is required by the C standard), I don't think it
is necessary/suitable since and it may move these variables from the
.bss to the .data section, the former being quicker to initialize (as
a whole) at load time (though explicit initializations to {0} usually
go to .bss too but it depends on the compiler and/or flags, and we
don't explicitely need .data for those).
So I did not change the code wrt this...