It turns off all advanced socket mechanics for accepting connections.  That
means
it won't pre-fetch data.  Because of how cobbled-together the WinSock
network
stack drivers (third parties, included) were, there are many things that
break
sendfile (disable sendfile) or socket reuse (disable advanced accept logic).

In other words, if you need reliability on some pretty crazy installations
of
Windows with lots of out-of-date drivers, your solution is the way to go.
They
are for performance, there is no reason to turn these on in low-traffic
cases.